Game admin/area staff getting in the way?

General discussions of games, players, ideas, and Pern canon.
willow

Re: Game admin/area staff getting in the way?

Postby willow » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:21 am

It’s scary to let go. It’s hard to be vulnerable. Especially when many of us have a decade’s or more worth of dings and nicks from bouncing off each other. It’s hard to trust. But those are the things collaboration and creativity are made of.

I think that's super important to keep in mind. Each of us have our own issues and scars that we're coming into discussions with staff. And staff has their own. It'd be nice if there was more "We're both going to chill off and calm down before we discuss things" from both players and staff.

dragonethos

Postby dragonethos » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:52 pm

skywaterblue wrote:heavily weighted towards the type of soft-social RP that Pern players already engage in and rewards it by quantifying how much RP was worth in-game IC status, rather than attempting to use a stats system to change the dynamics of the way we play.

That soft-social style of RP, I think, engenders the very conservative elements of Pern RP that I think breed the lack of conflict and later secrecy and competition. The lack of conflict resolution in story bleeds over to conflict out of story, but more importantly, I think the way we're glued into one type of play - the soft-social cooperative - limits what kind of stories we're capable of telling.

It is interesting to think about, seeing it framed like that! As I was pondering stats, I seemed to recall that the fit of the XP system felt a little weird for Don and Jules. It makes sense, since the stories I was interested in for them weren't so much about IC status. (Not that we didn’t end up with some fun stories, anyhow, and using the XP system to organize certain things!)

There does seem to be benefit in having a common language (like stats) for communication and organization and to de-escalate misunderstanding. Truly, I’ve basically only encountered combat systems - DnD… I think the Exalted mechanics I once looked at were a little more story-oriented, but still combat-focused. If there are more innovative cooperative systems that encourage story sharing, I’d be interested to see them in action!

willow wrote:It'd be nice if there was more "We're both going to chill off and calm down before we discuss things" from both players and staff.

For sure, it’s good to choose timing wisely. That said, if a staffer is of a disposition to routinely need a long cool-down, I have to wonder if that may be a sign of ill fit to the position’s function.

On this point I also suspect there’s an issue with direct communication of a non-identical opinion being perceived as rude or an attack - and we’ve seen this discussed at length by multiple posters in the previous entries of this thread.

Schmitt

Postby Schmitt » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 am

Bygod, the password reset button works again!

As one of the other designers of 2P's XP system, I wouldn't even call it "stats" and I was surprised to see dragonethos mention it in the same sentence as Threadfall's stats system, which was much more like a pen&paper RP system.

I think our comps/XP system serves its purpose well enough - keep a minimal amount of realism in the system and allow players to plan character goals in a way that keeps the wizards in the loop without requiring lots of hand-holding. A lot of Pern players aren't hardcore RPers and haven't had experience in a D&D type system, and don't want to, and that's fine with me.

Would I set up a game this way again? Mm. I love the compliments aspect of the system and it's a great way to gauge player activity and buy-in. XP is very useful for us for things like saving towards Journeyman, dragon impression, and character goals that really only affect the character (like expanding a business). It gets pretty murky when we try to mix it with plots and I think we've steered away from doing that so much in the last year or so.

Wyborne

Postby Wyborne » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:17 pm

I think our comps/XP system serves its purpose well enough - keep a minimal amount of realism in the system and allow players to plan character goals in a way that keeps the wizards in the loop without requiring lots of hand-holding. A lot of Pern players aren't hardcore RPers and haven't had experience in a D&D type system, and don't want to, and that's fine with me.

Would I set up a game this way again? Mm. I love the compliments aspect of the system and it's a great way to gauge player activity and buy-in. XP is very useful for us for things like saving towards Journeyman, dragon impression, and character goals that really only affect the character (like expanding a business). It gets pretty murky when we try to mix it with plots and I think we've steered away from doing that so much in the last year or so.

I have to admit as a player? I love the comp system. Not necessarily as a means to achieve an end, but because it provides a useful system for feedback from other players. If I played ten scenes in a week and no one enjoyed them, it would be easy to figure it out. Likewise It is somewhat nice to be told what you are doing right as a player.

dragonethos

Postby dragonethos » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:36 pm

Wyborne wrote:I love the comp system.

I totally agree! I think the comp system is a big piece of why 2P really feels like such a great, collaborative community. There are other great things, like the blog interface for shared IC and OOC information (to which staff and players have contributed) as well as slower paced discussion, the game-wide real-time plot meetings and hatching planning, the culture of a single knot/channel and greeting people as they log in…

If competition and secrecy (and related I might add - shyness) are negative pitfalls of PernMUing, 2P has a lot of structure in place to counter them, and that’s something that I admire so much about that admin team.

I mean… in terms of this forum thread, it is a positive example of what can be, I think. To get back to…

lilac wrote:To be honest yeah I'm talking about HRW@NC but sadly I'm also lumping Fort@NC and even SW@HT in this as well.

I have played in all of these areas. I have enjoyed playing in all of these areas. I could go on at length about positive things, scenes I’ve adored, why I joined... why I’m not currently active in any of those areas.

This thread has prompted me to think a lot about those above-mentioned whys and my experiences with staff. I’ve gone back and reminded myself about the origin of NorCon and the catalysis of the HT reboot. Forgetting history and doomed repetition, and all that.

I know that I was really conflicted about the NC/NorCon split. I disliked what it said about the culture of secrecy. (I was one of the majority who learned of NorCon only after it opened.) It was the broadly inclusive reach of the Crom plot that brought me to NC, and that included B’yan and Shanlee. In particular, I felt a lot of empathy for Shanlee’s position during the split. Ultimately, it was largely blueaid’s transparency, represented in the posts that I linked, which tipped me to carry on playing on NorCon.

I am currently a member of Igen@HT. Per HT’s wiki: Igen is the "Untraditional" weyr, in the sense that Igen is where you go when you want to push canonical boundaries. From my point of view, I have had nothing but positive experiences with my area’s staff. Perhaps my continued interest in this thread’s topic comes from the fact that HT is split into two areas with different canon feel, and as I continue to write I’ve felt like I’ve stumbled into the grey area between the two PC Weyrs. I have been uncertain about how to navigate those waters in a manner that allows the greatest pursuit of happiness for everyone involved.

My understanding is that, like most of the long-lived games, HT has a lot of secrecy baked into its traditions. It seems, to me, that part of the reboot’s aim was to address this and bring greater transparency. One thing that I really liked, and was a factor in my joining, was HT’s Guidelines of Conduct which were democratically voted into place. I think these are great goals, and the kind of goals that are destined to be a work-in-progress for everyone. To me, it seems like these guidelines encourage everyone to be openly communicative. To pull out specific examples:

• If you have a problem [...] Don't hold on to it just to avoid confrontation!
  • If you feel that something isn't working, ask the person if they are aware of the potential problems - give feedback - and suggest a solution.
  • Be open to others having differences of opinion.
  • Misunderstandings happen, often unintentionally! State your discomfort; be open to apology. If seriously offended, take a break and then come back to address the issue, but don't harass anyone for their personal viewpoints!

In accord with those guidelines, given my uncertainty about the shared world canon and my interest in trying to better fit into the community I am enjoying playing within, on January 9th I attempted to open communication with Game Staff, the heart of which was:

dragonethos wrote:Anyhow, I have been meaning to follow up regarding world context/flavor. I have been curious how such things are decided? I ask, because world context is obviously something that interests me quite a bit! I've likely incubated more content than can be incorporated to the game, but I wonder if there is a process by which I may feel more involved in creation of the greater game world?

After the series of mails, counter to the Guidelines of Conduct encouragements, I now feel very discouraged from approaching staff at that level. I feel distanced from the process of creativity when it comes to the greater IC world of HT. I feel like my questions were met by a wall of defensiveness, went into a black box, and I felt like I was asked to passively wait for a decision from on high instead of engaged to be a participant in creative dialogue. I feel like I was misunderstood by Game Staff - on January 19th, only after I was referred back to my area staff (again, who have been a pleasure to deal with!) did I feel that I was engaged in more productive communication and was asked to/was able to clarify that I was not pushing some absolute TP idea nor was I trying to open a new area on the game. I was completely set back on my heels by that last suspicion, because I have no idea where it came from and it is certainly not something I am interested in doing.

I’m trying to stay optimistic. I’m trying to ignore the curious coincidence of the post to this thread on January 10th that proposed banning problem players. I do have to wonder if I’m just a case of...

RightMeow wrote:Unfortunately there are situations where a player does have the ability, wants to communicate and they encounter a staff that simply doesn't like them

Maybe I’m a problem player. Guys, this is me. I am certain I am not to eveyone’s tastes. I try to make myself easy to avoid. I’m not perfect. I don’t want to ruin anyone’s fun. I’m not that important and I’m not a high quantity player. I really, really like being part of a bigger creative community. I’ve loved so many of the scenes I’ve had on HT, I’ve loved my scenes at Igen, and I’m excited by the idea of nabbing more people for RP. (I always wish I had more time to play!)

Right now, I do feel a little uncomfortable on HT. I feel like I’m walking on eggshells. I feel like there are questions I want to ask Game Staff that impact my freedom to write, and I feel like I’m not welcome to ask them. I feel like I made my best good-faith effort, and I feel like I got the answer “stay quietly in your corner” from Game Staff. I suppose that it is an answer in line with the conclusions that other posters on this thread have drawn. I’m not yet ready to be hopeless.

HT Guidelines of Conduct wrote:If you feel that something isn't working, ask the person if they are aware of the potential problems - give feedback - and suggest a solution.

I feel like the current process for player-involvement in creating game-wide content isn’t working. I feel like the opacity of the *gsc route leads to silencing. I suggest movement towards a system for fielding player-staff communication that is more transparent, in line with the spirit of the reboot. I suggest a format that is more dynamic and conducive to (game-)public view and input, such as a blog, forum, or some structure run through gdocs.

Fyren

Postby Fyren » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:57 pm

I'm kind of suprised my account is still here. I've probably missed things, I kind of skimmed the last four pages of posts. And I'm probably not going to make any new friends, but we've been over this same ground every two or three years for the last two decades.

- Staff is volunteer. No pay, no rewards, no special benifits.

- When we put out a call for staff, NO ONE VOLUNTEERS. The reason the same people seem to be staff all the time is that they are the only ones who are willing to put up with the crap that comes along with it.

- There is a /lot/ of crap that comes with it. I regularly see staff being berated, accused and attacked in public and private. The fact that they don't log off and never return is a testament to their patience of and love of the game.

- Game staff is the most heavily monitored group on HT. The wizards read all their posts and watch their channels.

- No one, ever, @send's the wizards with a complaint about something on the game. We can override everyone to the point of erasing everything and turning HT into a 50 Shades of Pern/Harry Potter game. But no one seems to remember us.

I've been on HT for 18 years, helping run it for 16. We've been over this ground many, many times.. I know I'm not the only one old enough to remember it. There's no conspiracy, there's no secret clique, there's no one 'keeping me down'.. 99% of the time there is either a reason that a decision was made or there was a miscommunication, both of those can be clarified with a very simple command called @send. And if you @send, there is a record of everything, so you don't have to worry about people claiming to have said something in 'page' but having no record.

I suppose my basic, rambling point is this: HT has existed for over 21 years for two reasons: 1) It is and always will be player driver, the wizards have no intention or desire to run the RP; 2) We actively work to keep things open and fair, no cliques, no secret staffs, no inner circles.

Hit me up some time late at night when my filter isn't on so well and I'll regale you with stories of 'the old days' when things were much worse.

There are just over 400 characters on HT, so probably 200ish players (though if our record holds, it's 10 people with 40 alts each), we are small enough that communication is not impossible or even that difficult. It is a much different game than when we had well over 2000 active players. This also means that we know each other better and are really, really good at getting on each other's nerves. But we are all in this sandbox together, no one really wants to take their toys and go home. This may mean that some days you get the dump truck that has only one wheel instead of the new one that has four, just remember that another day will come when you get the pretty toy and someone else will play with the broken one for a while.

Fallen Caryatid

Postby Fallen Caryatid » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:26 pm

But several people in this thread have said they have attempt communication and been rebuffed or had their communication misconstrued without any effort at speaking with them to determine what they really meant by it. What is player recourse in that event? If a person is made to feel unwelcome, if they are invited to express concerns so they can be told they are wrong for feeling as they do or for having a different opinion, why is the burden on continuing to reach out on them when attempts have been made?
Geek Social Fallacy #1: Ostracizers Are Evil
Geek Social Fallacy #2: Friends Accept Me As I Am
Geek Social Fallacy #3: Friendship Before All
Geek Social Fallacy #4: Friendship Is Transitive
Geek Social Fallacy #5: Friends Do Everything Together

Fyren

Postby Fyren » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:40 pm

What is player recourse in that event?

- No one, ever, @send's the wizards with a complaint about something on the game.

Game Staff on HT has never been intended to be the end all top decision makers on HT. It's very easy to appeal or go over their heads if something is not satisfactory. @send *wiz. We may not be the fastest to reply, most of us work 40+ hours a week at non-Pern jobs, but we will. We will also take the time to talk to everyone and even look back into mails and mailers if needed. Think of us like the government: It may take a while, but you will get a response.

And I really wish my spell checker wasn't set on Esperanto at the moment, it's exposing the fact that my English spelling has gotten.. er.. weak.

Fallen Caryatid

Postby Fallen Caryatid » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:57 pm

Thank you for the clarification, Fyren, I do appreciate the quick response time!

I suppose my concern is more focused on...what to do in instances where game staff are the people to contact? The questions that have arisen in this topic have been centered around trying to get involved in plots, trying to contribute to IC world building and game canon. It isn't about looking to make a complaint about actionable behavior on game staff's part, but on what to do when the attempt is made to contact the proper authorities only to be rebuffed and misunderstood multiple times. Wizards aren't there for RP stuff. So what to do when those who are there for RP stuff are communicating poorly or responding poorly to good faith efforts to instigate a dialogue?

Fyren

Postby Fyren » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:24 pm

what to do when the attempt is made to contact the proper authorities only to be rebuffed and misunderstood multiple times.

if something is not satisfactory. @send *wiz.

I'm really not sure how to make this clearer. It's the same question you asked in your last post, just phrased differently. The answer is still going to be the same. Unless that person contacts the wizards with the specific details about what happened, nothing is going to happen.

scarlett

Postby scarlett » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:32 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, here we have the subject of this thread in action. Player has a lot of thoughts and feelings. Player tries to talk to staff and doesn't feel like they get any traction. Player tries to address this problem, staff comes back with all the same excuses: 'Staffing is so hard, you don't understand. No one talks to us. You can talk to me and I'll tell you about the old days.'

This is always the response. This is what we expect and why we don't really bother. This player is clearly a bit exasperated and running out of ways to say to staff 'I have something I want to talk about'. The response is still 'find me and talk to me'. Haven't they attempted that already?

Staff doesn't mean to become so disassociated from the playerbase that people stop talking to them, but it happens. It happens all the time. And I think mostly it happens because people get comfortable and stop making an effort to stay in touch. Just like all those people who say that they can't find any RP while they sit in their room and talk to no one -- if you want to be involved, you have to put yourself out there and page people.

At this point, it seems like staff might want to just go ahead and page some players. I know it's scary, but you can do it!

(Also, I'm pretty sure just about everyone here has at least a decade of perning under their belts, as well as real jobs and real lives, because we're all pretty much adults now, right? It's not 2002 anymore?)

Fyren

Postby Fyren » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:51 pm

Okay, you got me. I'll admit that I'm usually the last one to realize that I'm being trolled. I'll just go away and let you get back to whatever it was you were doing. If anyone really did have a problem, on-game is the way to get in contact.

Have a nice day.

Fallen Caryatid

Postby Fallen Caryatid » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:07 pm

I'm not trolling. I am voicing concerns in a constructive discussion forum, looking for constructive input.

I suppose I should reiterate my credentials. I have been in this hobby 16+ years, on multiple genres of games. I have staffed on Pern and non-Pern games. I often drift to player liaison support roles because yes, it is very easy for a gulf to open up between staff and players, and for those interactions to become antagonistic. I am an adult. I work full time. I have a family I support and raise. Hello, I am Cary and I am a MUSHer.

Here is the problem: players have explained why they are hesitant to continue trying to communicate. The effort has been made. Wizards have access to all of those communications. For instance, dragonethos' @mails, which are quoted in this thread. Presumably, you have read them, as well as the responses they've received from staff that did not address the requests detailed. Responses have been unsatisfactory, to the extent of making dragonethos feel unwelcome on the game. The answer should not be "try again". They have tried. The answer should be "more of an effort will be made to allow for clear and transparent communication". The answer should not be "clearly you are trying to rile us up". The answer should be "we can do more to make this a comfortable environment for everyone".

There needs to be a forum in which players can have a hand in world creation and canon contribution. There needs to be a system of communication in place where players' can converse with staff. There needs to be space that allows dialogue, which is interactive and flows both ways. There needs to be less defensiveness and assumption of attack when all that has happened, as has been expressed start to finish in this thread, is players asking how they can get involved and do more to support a game they enjoy playing on.

I am not sure how approaching wizards about this issue will solve the problem of RP staff putting up a wall to involvement, especially given the tone taken in the responses here. They are not encouraging. They are not welcoming of opinion. So, what are players to do?

The consensus should not be "sit in a corner and do your own thing".

RightMeow

Postby RightMeow » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:20 pm

(Also, I'm pretty sure just about everyone here has at least a decade of perning under their belts, as well as real jobs and real lives, because we're all pretty much adults now, right? It's not 2002 anymore?)

Shhhh, say it isn't so.

RightMeow

Postby RightMeow » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:31 pm

I feel like the point of this thread was never to bash on HT or to air out its 'dirty laundry' here on this forum. Unfortunately from people defending it to people who clearly have some underlying problems with members of staff there, it's turned into that. If we could direct our attention away from that specific game just a little, that would be great.

Fyren above mentions to just contact the wizards on HT. For me personally, the idea of contacting a wizard to discuss something going on RP-wise or OOC-wise is frankly intimidating and also just weird feeling. I played for a lengthy amount of time on NC and it never occurred to me to log on and +mail Rose (or one of the other now defunct wizards) about that sort of problem. Part of that stems from the idea that wizards are around to deal with code or they're the owners who no longer really play but are keeping the sandbox open for funsies. That the game staff members are the ones to really talk to. And this may not be the case on every game but how many people have come from places where this is the case and they're carrying that notion around with them?

I'm not offering this up as "well this TOTALLY why no one ever talks to wizards" but just as a possible explanation.

magpie

Postby magpie » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:09 pm

Fyren wrote:- No one, ever, @send's the wizards with a complaint about something on the game. We can override everyone to the point of erasing everything and turning HT into a 50 Shades of Pern/Harry Potter game. But no one seems to remember us.

From what I've come to understand, wizards on the two games in question here are considered to be in the offending staffs' pockets with stories going around of players being watched and reported on and other such things. Who knows how true those stories are, but they could be a deterrent. So too could the lack of response from wizards when queries are put forth? That suggests wizards just don't care.

There are massive similarities between HT Southern's staff and NorCon's HRW staff: both have an individual or two who act as if they 'own' the game and their attitude is generally poor because of it. IMO there is no room for superiority complexes on staff and these two games are examples of why it doesn't work. People are not happy in either of these areas, which means there's a problem. There might be noise made on these forums about 'we're open to talk and we want people to be happy so air your grievances', but how many 'grievances' will get addressed and resolved? I'm guessing none, because a grievance is negative criticism and the staffs in these areas don't like to be criticised. Or maybe the case is that the majority of staff don't mind criticism, but woe betide anyone who dares to go against the almighty powers of... well, let's not name names, but let's just say one person on Southern's staff and two on HRW's staff.

Staff volunteer for the schtick that they have to put up with - but that's what they have to remember, too. They opted to take on the role, and if they find they don't like it, then they have the option to step down. Choice is good! But staff should also remember that they are just players at the end of the day. I think the most successful staffs I've ever seen have been humble enough to not put themselves on a peg above others, just because they have access to a bit more code. IMO that is how staff stops being an obstruction and starts being a facilitator of fun.

Aya
Site Admin

Postby Aya » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:42 pm

magpie wrote:
Fyren wrote:- No one, ever, @send's the wizards with a complaint about something on the game. We can override everyone to the point of erasing everything and turning HT into a 50 Shades of Pern/Harry Potter game. But no one seems to remember us.

From what I've come to understand, wizards on the two games in question here are considered to be in the offending staffs' pockets with stories going around of players being watched and reported on and other such things. Who knows how true those stories are, but they could be a deterrent. So too could the lack of response from wizards when queries are put forth? That suggests wizards just don't care.

There are massive similarities between HT Southern's staff and NorCon's HRW staff: both have an individual or two who act as if they 'own' the game and their attitude is generally poor because of it. IMO there is no room for superiority complexes on staff and these two games are examples of why it doesn't work. People are not happy in either of these areas, which means there's a problem. There might be noise made on these forums about 'we're open to talk and we want people to be happy so air your grievances', but how many 'grievances' will get addressed and resolved? I'm guessing none, because a grievance is negative criticism and the staffs in these areas don't like to be criticised. Or maybe the case is that the majority of staff don't mind criticism, but woe betide anyone who dares to go against the almighty powers of... well, let's not name names, but let's just say one person on Southern's staff and two on HRW's staff.

Staff volunteer for the schtick that they have to put up with - but that's what they have to remember, too. They opted to take on the role, and if they find they don't like it, then they have the option to step down. Choice is good! But staff should also remember that they are just players at the end of the day. I think the most successful staffs I've ever seen have been humble enough to not put themselves on a peg above others, just because they have access to a bit more code. IMO that is how staff stops being an obstruction and starts being a facilitator of fun.

Interjecting here, since I have been brought up a few times in this post.

I believe and have always believed that wizards should only be there for code purposes. No one requires access to the database, the code, or any greebly bits who does not understand how to actually code. I do not think general staffing requires any wizard flags or abilities. I do not think wizards are automatically better at player relations, policies, or non-code related skills. NorCon has been a game, traditionally, where the wizards are just players who code and foot the game's bill.

Up until the last year, NorCon has run as a game where the wizard characters existed SOLELY for code. I, as the person who pays the bills, did not have access to my wizard character unless something needed to be fixed and it was for a short one week window at the beginning of each month when the code would automatically send my character bit a +mail with my new password.

In the last year, I asked the game staff and dispensed with this as my time to fix code is limited and sporadic (and not able to schedule into a window) and I had new ideas for code on the game. I also asked for permission, at the same time, to start adding NPC area color to the areas as my high maintenance toddler makes it nearly impossible for me to play, but it means I still have creative energy that wants outlet. They gave their hesitant permission at the time.

The fact you are implying something about the fact that I used my wizard abilities to do anything other than code, frankly, makes me laugh, given how many measures we took when setting up NorCon to not allow that kind of unethical abuse.

For the record, several players have asked if they might help pay for the game but I've politely declined since I do not want anyone to feel like they have more stake in a game than someone else simply cause they are financially more solvent.

Keep on, keeping on!

- Rose

Aya
Site Admin

Postby Aya » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:14 pm

More on subject.

My only take away from this thread is that people have deep-seated communication problems.

This is not to say Person A is right and Person B is wrong or vice versa. Or that Person A cannot communicate at all and Person B is just awesome at communicating.

It's to say people are not speaking the same language at each other that is far removed from the simplicities of French versus English. It's that someone can say: I think your hair looks nice today, and someone else hears it as: I think your hair looks nice today because it doesn't look nice at all the other days.

Or someone can say: You need to fix this on your resume if you want to get a job here, and someone else hears: You fucking suck, go away.

I am not saying there aren't major staffing mistakes and player mistakes ever and that anyone out there is perfect.

I'm just trying to point out that what players are saying/meaning might not be what admin actually reads it as, and what admins are saying/meaning might not be what players take away from it.

This is the true reason to walk away from games. Not because you aren't being heard, but because this is a fundamental issue that exists outside of happy fun pretend times. It's something that happens constantly iRL at home between spouses, between parent-child, between coworkers, between friends. It's just that, online, there seems to be this concept that we should all know/understand what someone else is saying and what it means.

If you feel admin is not listening to you, then try to rephrase it. If you feel admin has written you off as a nuisance player, then step back to consider why.

If you feel players are not listening to you, then try to rephrase it. If you feel players have written you off as a shitty staffer, step back and consider why.

Not to sound all zen here, but shit really is not as simple as two sides, players versus staff, and one side being wrong and the other side not, or both sides being wrong, or both sides being right. We're all real people here.

<3
Aya

Fallen Caryatid

Postby Fallen Caryatid » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 am

Constructive praise is as important as constructive criticisms, I think. With that in mind, I want to point out HT's recent formalization for NPC area info submissions. It's a new process but it opens up a formal process for players to hook into, affect and invest in the larger world of the game, which calls back to some of the original purpose of this thread. So kudos, having that in place does make me feel I have more opportunity to contribute to a game I enjoy playing.

Return to “Constructive Discussion”