People we miss

General discussions of games, players, ideas, and Pern canon.
Moriana

People we miss

Postby Moriana » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:05 am

I've noticed that we've had a number of players retire from various locations recently, and got to thinking that there are a lot of people I've lost track of over the years that I miss, both on Pern games and related MU*s. So I decided to start this thread as a place to say 'I remember you, I miss RPing/chatting/whatever with you' to someone you wish was still around. And maybe they'll read it and get back in touch. :)

So here's my 'shout out', as it were:
To El'ric, of Monaco Weyr on SilverSkies - I can vividly remember both chatting and RPing with you, and all the help you gave not only me but all the players there. You really helped me develop my character, and showed me how to make my poses more clear and effective. I miss you.

Cin

Re: People we miss

Postby Cin » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:55 am

Marina from Frost Fire. When I was a total dork and a newbie, you were there to help me through the tough times and you were a great friend! Heck, you even let me be your player-dragon! Ahaha. So long ago. But thanks for giving me a chance when other people ignored me because I was a silly pre-teen who didn't know how to RP. From Cedric aka E'ric.

J'cob from Rukbat Mush. First of all J'cob, I miss you like crazy! The Rp we had over the years was amazing - pern and non-pern alike. You challenged me to grow and develop as an Rper. You helped me intergrate real angst into our scenes, so much so that it didn't come off as twinkish. And because of you, I earned my addiction to bronzers. Miss you pal! Hope life is swell!!

Kaida from SouCon mu. Girl you rock. I was fading out of Soucon fast when the wizards put the smack down on Ierne. I loved that you put up with my emo crap and really thought you rocked for staying on board with the sinking ship. I loved the Rp we had and miss you! Hope you're well.

C'zan of Soucon, buddy, all the best with your Rl child! We had a great time! Always remember it!

Lishani, Ai'dam, Fianna (Shana from DOTM! omg I miss you), Rinnie, Mecuim -- Miss you guys, thanks for the yrs of Rp! Also I don't give a crap what's happened since, I still remember the good times! Hope you do too!

B'yan, Kayara, Caitlyn, and Shanlee. You guys saw through all my emotional angst and actually enjoyed the Rp I provided. You also gave me a chance, which was asking a lot on a game like Pernmu once you messed up.... Thanks guys. I'll always remember the good times!!

And to everyone else I forgot to mention, I will always treasure the moments of RP bliss! There were many times I left an Rp scene giddy! Not many scenes these days can leave a person feeling that way - excited to Rp another day. Where ever you guys are, you all deserve the best!!

Love yah.

Potato

Postby Potato » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:49 pm

X'an from PernWorld. You were an awesome RPer and a good friend, and I so regret losing contact with you. I idled because of RL and when I came back, you were gone. I was Alorye.

Gepard

Postby Gepard » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:52 pm

I miss everyone from Threadfall, was some of the most active, interesting, fun RP I've ever had.

Moriana

Postby Moriana » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:03 am

Thank you to whomever told El'ric's player I was looking for them. We're back in touch now thanks to you. :)

Cavatica

Postby Cavatica » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:25 am

P'ter from PernMUSH. He was super-nice to my twink ass when I joined back in '97, and I'd say we spent more time chatting OOC than actually RPing together. I think just about everyone liked that guy.

There are actually a lot of folks from Old School NC I miss -- A'ser, Siara, D'ru, A'lex, Kichevio, I don't know who the hell all else. These were mostly just people from the late '90s who I either RPed a shit-ton with or who were always just really damn cool. I think it was the 1999 Dragon*Con where I met D'ru and a bunch of the other HRW people (including Kandri, who I was really, really good friends with, but who I lost touch with years ago -- I think now all she does is make babies or something). I was like 16 years old, but they all hauled me off to a really fun dinner somewhere downtown. I felt like the coolest kid.

I REALLY REALLY miss the ladies who ran Otaku MUSH. Oh my GOD, that place was fun.

And I'm with Gep on Threadfall -- pretty much everyone who played there ruled. I think it closed after I became inactive, but it was still such a bummer to see it go.

Aya
Site Admin

Postby Aya » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:35 am

The ladies who run Otaku haven't MUSHed, as far as I know it, in years anymore. I think their last games were Crystal Dreams and SouCon, before they quit for good. They're still sweet, fabulous, wonderful people and chugging along at life. :)

Kichevio is married now, and last played St'vren and the last goldrider to Impress at Igen on PernMUSH and seems to be, for the most part, enjoying life. XD

A'lex is, as far as I know, still in the acting business.

Aya
Site Admin

Postby Aya » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:43 am

K'tral from Third Rock.

Kh'vil from Forgotten Weyrs.

Issa from Leading Edge.

T'sai from Frostfire.

I think all others, I have, amazingly, managed to stay in touch with and what not over the years of idling off and on.

Cavatica

Postby Cavatica » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:46 am

Nice to know you're still in touch! The Otaku ladies did a presentation at Weyrfest (at Dragon*Con) about how not to suck at RPing, many, many moons ago. I think that was the only time I ever met them IRL.

Coincidentally, I was just looking for Catalina's old RP logs. I've got a cache of them around here somewhere -- probably on a ZIP disk or something -- but I did find a few random ones on this machine. One of them was one of Saulith's flights, and apparently I kept that log because Cat won. Half the log was Kichevio and me shooting the shit IC/OOC. Takes me back!

Good times, good times.

Jae

Postby Jae » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:41 pm

I miss Terrilia, I think I'm spelling it right, from IGW @ PernMUSH. She was very, very nice to me when I was a fresh onto the game newbie. I don't know where she's moved onto now, but I appreciate her help when I needed it. :)

I also miss X'riel from SouCon. He randomly went inactive and I've always wondered what happened to him and if he was alright, same goes for Leeania also of SouCon.

wyrenyth

Postby wyrenyth » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:20 pm

[redacted]
Last edited by wyrenyth on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nutmeg

Postby Nutmeg » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Cavatica wrote: I think it was the 1999 Dragon*Con where I met D'ru and a bunch of the other HRW people (including Kandri, who I was really, really good friends with, but who I lost touch with years ago -- I think now all she does is make babies or something). I was like 16 years old, but they all hauled me off to a really fun dinner somewhere downtown. I felt like the coolest kid.

I'm pretty sure I was at D*C that year, but my memories of Pern folks other than N'tan are hazy. We were mostly doing Bab5 track. I think.

Anyway, Kandri's now helping to birth babies mostly and I'm in touch with her consistently. She's around on Gtalk, IM and Facebook. She took a stab at playing at Fort@NC earlier this year, but then got RL-busy again and dropped the char.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
No masks here. Yes that's really me in that avatar.
NorConMUSH: T'rev, Milani, P'draig, C'sel and Rodric
PW: D'son

Cavatica

Postby Cavatica » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Nutmeg wrote:
Cavatica wrote:Anyway, Kandri's now helping to birth babies - http://sacredpathwaysdoula.com. She's around on Gtalk, IM and Facebook. She took a stab at playing at Fort@NC earlier this year, but then got RL-busy again and dropped the char.

Yeah, I tried to keep up with her LJ for a while, but she's got so much freaking estrogen pumping out of her uterus at all hours of the day, I eventually had to quit. I'm glad she's doing well and all, but it's not like we have anything in common anymore.

Nobara

Postby Nobara » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:34 pm

Aya wrote:K'tral from Third Rock.

Kh'vil from Forgotten Weyrs.

Yesssss. I miss them all the time. The two greatest Weyrleaders/Bronzeriders of all time, and two awesome OOC friends, too.

pillow-fight

Postby pillow-fight » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:21 am

Aya wrote:Kichevio is married now, and last played St'vren and the last goldrider to Impress at Igen on PernMUSH and seems to be, for the most part, enjoying life. XD

I miss Stav, a lot. He and Shanlee and T'rev really made my PernMUSH experience special. I know T'rev's still around, but he belongs in this group anyway. :)

Nutmeg

Postby Nutmeg » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:14 pm

Shanlee is still around too, FWIW.

And I'm happy to have been part of making it all fun :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
No masks here. Yes that's really me in that avatar.
NorConMUSH: T'rev, Milani, P'draig, C'sel and Rodric
PW: D'son

Miteh

Postby Miteh » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:56 am

Cavatica wrote:There are actually a lot of folks from Old School NC I miss -- A'ser, Siara, D'ru, A'lex, Kichevio, I don't know who the hell all else. These were mostly just people from the late '90s who I either RPed a shit-ton with or who were always just really damn cool.

I was an early-00s NCer (M'teh), and miss a number of the TGW people (and others) I knew back then. A'lex was great, and I particularly miss I'sai (whose Taralyth was the father of my Daruth, and who wrote him). A'ser and Kichevio were around there, too, and feature in some of the few logs I have.. lots of names I forget though!

I'm sure my RP wasn't anything to crow about, but I really enjoyed that period. Unfortunately, things got quiet (they must have, they promoted me to Wingleader) and eventually I dwindled and idled out, and now NC is very quiet indeed. Ah, well.

BrownieBoy

Postby BrownieBoy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:48 am

I miss I'sai, too. He was always tons of fun.

A'ser was a buddy who impressed at the the very first hatching I stood in. Been ages since I talked to him.

Other folks I remember fondly: Avila from SilverSkies; Belena from Threadfall; and D'ryk from PernMUSH.
Brownieboy
Founder, Coalition for Less-Childish Flamewars

==================================

Who's the greatest brownrider you ever saw? 8-)
You're lookin' at him!

Tirel

Postby Tirel » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:36 pm

A'ser was the first dragon rider I RP'd with. And I stood at Ista with I'sai when he impressed. Miss both.
If I were to list all those I miss, I'd probably exceed the quota on here. There were so many! And from so many countries!
Let me toss in a few more names, A'zric, Merri, Celie, Lara, Kassi... the list is huge so I'll stop here.
Still on PernMUSH, but not SouCon

D'ru

Postby D'ru » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Cavatica wrote:P'ter from PernMUSH. He was super-nice to my twink ass when I joined back in '97, and I'd say we spent more time chatting OOC than actually RPing together. I think just about everyone liked that guy.

There are actually a lot of folks from Old School NC I miss -- A'ser, Siara, D'ru, A'lex, Kichevio, I don't know who the hell all else. These were mostly just people from the late '90s who I either RPed a shit-ton with or who were always just really damn cool. I think it was the 1999 Dragon*Con where I met D'ru and a bunch of the other HRW people (including Kandri, who I was really, really good friends with, but who I lost touch with years ago -- I think now all she does is make babies or something). I was like 16 years old, but they all hauled me off to a really fun dinner somewhere downtown. I felt like the coolest kid.

I REALLY REALLY miss the ladies who ran Otaku MUSH. Oh my GOD, that place was fun.

And I'm with Gep on Threadfall -- pretty much everyone who played there ruled. I think it closed after I became inactive, but it was still such a bummer to see it go.

And some of old school types are still around... just been in hiding. And yeah, I remember that dinner. Loads of fun, even if I wound up picking up half the tab. ;)

Return to “Constructive Discussion”