Pictures of Ista Hold

For general discussions that don't fit into other forums, particularly non-Pern or non-PernMU related.
Search

Pictures of Ista Hold

Postby Search » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Hello there,

I'm going to be picking up both a Dragonlovers Guide to Pern and Atlas of Pern. However, until I do, does anyone have any pictures of Ista Hold? I've found plenty of pictures of things like Ruatha and Fort Hold, however I can never seem to come across some of Ista. Are they in either of the books?

Additionally, does anyone know a good place to pick these books up? I want them in hardcover. Should I just grab some off of Amazon?

Thank you.

Green Firelizard

Re: Pictures of Ista Hold

Postby Green Firelizard » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:29 am

Hmm. It's been a while since I've looked at the Atlas and I remember being disappointed with it when I finally got it. I think the only place you'll be able to find it is amazon or a site similar that has someone selling used ones and I believe that one is only really hard cover. As for the DLGP well I'm pretty sure that was never made in a hardcover actually. I wish I could flip through them to answer your questions but unfortunately I'm not able to get access to them due to a move. Either way, amazon or something like that would be the best bet if you'd like to snag them. :)

Search

Postby Search » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:32 pm

Is there a pdf I could purchase of it online by any chance? Anyone aware of that?

What was disappointing about it? A lack of depth? The few pictures I've found on the internet I've really enjoyed.

Green Firelizard

Postby Green Firelizard » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 pm

I really doubt there's a PDF since it's so old and probably not much demand for it. If I had it with me and had access to a scanner I would snag the stuff you needed from Ista Hold.

As to why it was disappointing.. Hmm. Yeah, I think it lacked the info I was looking for at the time (this was years and years ago so forgive my horrible memory) so when I got it I just remember thinking 'this is it?'. But who knows, you might find it more informational than I personally did. I wish I could be of more use!

SilverLlama

Postby SilverLlama » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:27 pm

I do know the DLGoP was done in hardback seeing as I have a couple copies. One in better shape than the other. As well as the softback version. I think most of the hardcovers, though, do not have the dolphins in them as it was released prior to the Dolphins of Pern.

Unfortunately my books, Atlas included are all packed away and placed into storage due to lack of space. However, these are scans that someone put up from the Atlas

http://istaweyr.wikidot.com/iwmaps2
“The smaller the mind the greater the conceit”

Search

Postby Search » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:09 pm

Thank you guys, I do appreciate the responses. That was one of the pictures I've seen through playing internet detective.

Do you happen to remember if there was any pictures or information on Ista Hold itself in the Atlas?

Thanks.

Aya
Site Admin

Postby Aya » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Search wrote:Thank you guys, I do appreciate the responses. That was one of the pictures I've seen through playing internet detective.

Do you happen to remember if there was any pictures or information on Ista Hold itself in the Atlas?

Thanks.

Nope. There are no maps of Ista Hold.

Search

Postby Search » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:57 am

Boo. That's a real shame as that was one of my main points of interest. I know it's NEVER going to happen, but I wish it would be updated.

Oh well. I appreciate all of the help guys n gals.

Aya
Site Admin

Postby Aya » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:04 am

Search wrote:Boo. That's a real shame as that was one of my main points of interest. I know it's NEVER going to happen, but I wish it would be updated.

The only maps that are really outlined in the Atlas are the ones of areas that showed up in the early books. I would just assume that Ista Hold follows the standard manor layout and what not and just let your imagination go wild. :)

Search

Postby Search » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:47 am

Aya wrote:
Search wrote:Boo. That's a real shame as that was one of my main points of interest. I know it's NEVER going to happen, but I wish it would be updated.

The only maps that are really outlined in the Atlas are the ones of areas that showed up in the early books. I would just assume that Ista Hold follows the standard manor layout and what not and just let your imagination go wild. :)

Yeah, I know. But I just loved unique holds like Half Circle Sea Hold and thought it was absolutely stunning. I particularly like the uniqueness each hold provides.

Return to “General Chat”