Mu client recommendation needed

For general discussions that don't fit into other forums, particularly non-Pern or non-PernMU related.
Gecko

Mu client recommendation needed

Postby Gecko » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:41 pm

I've spent my entire life with Macs, grew up with them in the home and have generally avoided PCs and Windows as much as I can. But due to some changing circumstances in my daily life, it's become necessary for me to buy a netbook as I cannot be lugging my MacBook around with me all day on foot, and while my iPhone is great I need a larger screen and a physical keyboard.

I'm hoping to be able to log in to the Mushes I play while on the netbook. It's an Acer Aspire One running Windows 7 Starter. I might try to install Linux on it or even Hackintosh it, but in case I don't, what is a good mu client? I have Atlantis on my MacBook and would want a similar style interface.

greenwithenvy

Re: Mu client recommendation needed

Postby greenwithenvy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:41 am

SimpleMU. I think Atlantis was written to be like SimpleMU - or whatever the situation was they are very similar.

http://simplemu.onlineroleplay.com/

Moriana

Postby Moriana » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:34 am

I too use SimpleMU, mostly because it's what worked for me when I got started and I never got around to try anything else. But I've heard good things about Mushclient from those who have used it.
http://www.gammon.com.au/mushclient

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks you two. :D

I'll take a look at both SimpleMU and MushClient. I definitely prefer my MacBook, but being as my job takes me out into the field on foot all day, I don't want to be toting it around. It's only my life on there, after all. The netbook is so much lighter and smaller. I don't plan to do much with it, just surf the net, check e-mail and connect to my Mush games when I can during the day.

Return to “General Chat”