Active Games

For general discussions that don't fit into other forums, particularly non-Pern or non-PernMU related.
SearchingAgain

Active Games

Postby SearchingAgain » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Hey everyone!

During my long and tumultuous job search I kind of fell off of MUSHing and went idle. However, now I am back and looking forward to some more great times. But I need your help!

Joining games for me is a big deal and I don't want to invest my time creating a character to realize in a couple weeks that the game is dead/leadership has a lot of infighting or whatever.

Simply, I'd really like to know what games you guys and gals are enjoying, how active they are, and why you like it.

Thanks so much to those that respond!

Arisvath

Re: Active Games

Postby Arisvath » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:26 pm

NorCon! (NB: I am an area admin on NorCon, so grain of salt.)

NorCon has three areas, all active, with solid leadership, each with a different kind of 'feel'. We're player administrated, and that tends to work pretty well: we have the freedom to make things happen, without the constraints same games face with wizards who aren't really involved anymore. I love it because: lots of really good RP, room for character development as well as larger scale plots, the code is all up-to-date and logical, and the people are sane.

skywaterblue

Postby skywaterblue » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Schmitt, March and I just teamed up to start a new plot-based game set in an alternate Second Pass. The first day of open chargen was Saturday. So far we have eleven approved, and about a half-dozen others still working on theirs. I'm enjoying it, even though I'm biased, because we've had some excellent characters, it has a unique theme and I think it's going to be a good mix for the long-term, plot-heavy storytelling the three of us favor.

http://community.livejournal.com/2ndpass/ // riverdark.net 1234

Bidding is still going on for features, so now's a perfect time to check it out.

SearchingAgain

Postby SearchingAgain » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:08 pm

I'm really excited to get back into the mix as I /really/ enjoyed my time in Pern. I used to play on PernMUSH in Ista for a few years, but during my studies in college things got a little hectic and I lost the time. Now I'm settling into my career and have a more scheduled life where I can notch some slots in. I will be honest and say that I'm really looking for something that will have higher activity as I'm mostly a pick-up kind of RPer, so it may prevent me from a starter game at the moment.

I tried to make a character on NorCon in the past, but due to RL craziness it simply didn't work out. Maybe I'll give it another shot there! Thanks :)

pillow-fight

Postby pillow-fight » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:40 pm

(Again, some bias here, but since you asked) :)

Our admin team has a game that has been open for around three weeks now, called Divided Skies. It's set in an alternate 9th pass Southern Continent and focuses on one central 'area' and plot driven RP. We're just starting our first OOC Search now and have openings for lots of different characters, so there's lots of opportunities for lots of different concepts.

Webpage: http://www.divided-skies.wikidot.com/

Connect: ds.secondstarnetworks.com:1313

Hope this helps! :)

Mayhem

Postby Mayhem » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:14 am

If you're looking for something plot-intensive and story-driven, check out Second Pass MUSH, mentioned above. Given that those three were the ones behind Settlers (which I loved!), I'm really eager to see how the game turns out, myself.

Idath

Postby Idath » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Dragonsfire MOO is one of the oldest games and it's still very much alive. It's plot-driven at times, but it also supports players' endeavors to make their own character developments. Our most recent clutch had ten Impressions so I'd like to think we're doing something right. And we're friendly as hell. ;)

http://dragonsfiremoo.wikidot.com
"Sorry to disappoint, but I am the author neither of 'Mein Kampf' nor of 'The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.' I am only, for the last 60 years, an anti-imbecile of the first order." -Siné

Return to “General Chat”