Life is Short

For general discussions that don't fit into other forums, particularly non-Pern or non-PernMU related.
Mavrick

Life is Short

Postby Mavrick » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:35 pm

With recent events in my own life showing me just how short it can be. And that once you are gone the only thing people will have of you are their own memories. Sometimes those memories are good, sometimes bad, and sometimes those memories are of memories of other people. You know, the 'so and so did this and it was so bad' or 'that one guy from this other game was kinda cool', those kinds of third, fourth and fifth party memories.

So on this day I wanted to say that I forgive everyone. I want the rest of my remaining life to not be filled with bitterness and hatred over nonsense from 20 years ago. I also own up to everything I have ever done to anyone else and beg their pardon and hope for the forgiveness regardless of if it ever comes or not. I hope that people realize that everyone makes mistakes, everyone has a bad day, and everyone eventually does something to piss off everyone to a point where they develop a grudge.

I've spent most of this year attempting to make amends to people that I know I have treated poorly in the past. Sometimes it has turned out to be a good thing, sometimes it made them dislike me even more. I really can't control what other people do, I can only control what I do. And I chose to let go of the past and move on. Enjoy what time I have left and not be focused on that one night that I didn't get something I thought I deserved.

I know I annoyed a lot of people on here so i figure i can knock out a lot of apologies all at once if they come by and read this. And if someone still has to hold onto a grudge from long ago, I forgive that as well.

Have a good day everyone. If anyone has anything they would like me to clear up of things that you believe has happened that your still holding against me, feel free to ask me via PM or here, and I will address it.
RIP: Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Mavrick @ HT (1995-2001)
Roland, Corwin @ HT (2006-2009)

Meg

Re: Life is Short

Postby Meg » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:03 pm

I don't know you, but I will post a good luck! I definitely feel like that any positive change should be encouraged, so I hope it goes well for you. And if it doesn't, well, at least you can always move on knowing you tried to make things right.

Just remember that people always have the right not to forgive you, and it doesn't make them wrong, either. Everyone has a right to their feelings.

Anyways! Take care. :D

Return to “General Chat”